10:05 AM Posted by CalgaryDaddy
Due Date: 12/31/2009.
Today's Date: 01/05/2009.
Diagnosis..... No Baby!
Thanks to everyone that has emailed checking to see if "Taddy" has arrived yet! As you can see above, we are just about one week past the due date and still no baby! I read some interesting stats today about due dates that I thought I would share with everyone!
- Only 5% of babies are born on their actual due date!
- 50% are born within a week of their due date.
- 90% are born within 2 weeks of their due date! Yikes!
Becky is now off work so she has had time to relax and get everything ready in advance of Taddy's arrival. She is actually doing quite well given her late pregnancy condition and I am surprised that she has as much energy as she does. On Sunday, we received the wall paper boarder that we ordered and finally finished the baby room! She is through the "nesting" stage and now has a calmness about her which is actually quite cute. ( **Sigh**) We are both super excited for Taddy's arrival and hope to meet him/her within the next few days.
Over the past week, we have received so much advice about how to get the labour moving along. Here are some of our favorites:
1) Go for a long walk. ( This is the most common comment. Becky is not built for walking right now, lol.)
2) Some suggest that having Relations ( aka Sex) will speed up the labour process. ( In Canada, there is an old law that makes it illegal to have relations with a woman over 40 weeks pregnant. It has something to due with the cold weather and migrating bird patterns I believe. :)
3) A nurse suggested that Becky "rub her nipples" to get the labour moving along. Why? We have no idea.
4) We overheard a mother saying that she was going to drink "Castor" oil. Ok....be sure to let me know how that one works out for you.
What are your suggestions? What are the craziest old wives tales you have ever heard of? What works!
We will keep you posted!
P.S. Be sure to enter my giveaway of a Cloudy With A Chance of Meatballs DVD at the link here... http://tinyurl.com/yfn5bkf